Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Persuasive Essay Prompt# 34



   America is one of the most diverse countries in all of the Western Hemisphere. The reason for this maybe because of the immigration into our country. Due the fact that most immigrants come from war torn or weak economy countries, I understand why they would say this is a great country. Yet, is America such a great country like they say? Personally, I think that is, in a way false from all of what I see.

 The reason why I say this is because as far as being a stable country, we are not one of those. Every time I watch the news I always hear how there is either a new problem with the economy, a corrupt official who is taking advantage of workers or his position, or how a crime is being committed. Now if we had better laws to prevent these things from happening, then I probably would change my mind. Though, that is not the only reason why I think America is not a great country. It also how we treat our own citizens when it comes to taking care of them.

  I say this because when you look at our health care situation, we are in the top forty’s instead the top ten categories when it comes to the country with the best health care. As well as even when we are one of the countries with the worst health care, we have a government that does not do one thing about it. Instead of helping people with injures, we discard them like trash. Instead of helping others who can’t fend for themselves, we drive them away like unwanted pets. So tell me how can we introduce others from different countries when we have not improved our own problems? Also we have a problem with our government officials that we elect for our offices, to only end up messing everything up.
   I mean every time officials take money away from those who are in debt and then try to blame the whole situation on either another official or on the people themselves. Not to mention that those officials take advantage of the immigrants the most. Due to the fact that their new to the country, it is easy to make them fall for new regulations and be taken advantage of because they do not know their rights as a legal American. Now do you think that is justice to people who obviously do not know that their being taken advantage of?  I don’t think sure do not think it is just.
 
  Now do not get me wrong on my judgment. I still believe that we are still a great country, just not a great one. Like I said in paragraphs, we have a lot of problems we need to solve. I think corrupt officials are a good place to start before anything. So, why not start now to solve the problems? Probably with a little action we can make this country great again.

No comments:

Post a Comment